What is health coaching?
A health coach provides guidance, support and empowerment to people who are seeking lasting improvements to their health and quality of life. Coaches listen intently, ask lots of questions, and help connect the dots. While we certainly focus on diet and exercise, we also explore many other aspects of a balanced life, such as relationships, career, spirituality, finances, and more.
Why a 6-month program? Do you offer a 3-month option or anything else?
- The 12 session, 6-month program offering is intentional. This amount of time allows you to build healthy habits, let them fail or falter, AND re-build those habits proving to yourself that you can accomplish your goals. It’s easy to give up when making mistakes or “failing” to stick with a new diet, exercise program, etc. With a coach by your side, we get curious about what happened to derail your progress and how best to get you back on track. As your coach, I will help keep you in reality, since often we are much harder on ourselves and can’t always see the situation from an objective perspective.
- The 6-month time frame also covers a few holidays, so we can work on strategies for how to deal with the temptations of overeating, getting stressed out, feeling extra pressure to be perfect around family/friends, with entertaining, etc. The 6-month approach is tried and true. Other programs/offerings are available as complements, but this is the baseline for our successful work together.
How can I get the most out of my coaching sessions?
• Show up on time, be present and ready to work at each session
• Allocate time in between sessions for self-care, contemplation, and “homework”
• Be open and curious
• Have fun and celebrate your successes!
Does coaching work for everyone?
No, not necessarily. The best indicator for success is being fully engaged and believing that your goals are achievable. My coaching style is direct, intentional, and fun, but I won’t be a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a quick fix or someone to tell you exactly what you should do
- You aren’t open to change or challenging yourself
- You generally disregard input and suggestions
- You’re often late for appointments or cancel last minute
- You want someone else to be accountable for your improvement and are likely to blame others for challenges, setbacks, lack of progress, etc.
Are session held in person or can we work remotely?
Sessions can be in person, over the phone, or online.
Do you offer workshops or group sessions?
I offer a variety of workshops. Current offerings will be listed in the Events section and shared on social media. Group coaching sessions may be offered in the future.
Will I have to follow a specific diet or way of eating?
No. I believe there is no such thing as a “perfect” diet that works the same for all people. In our sessions, we will evaluate your current way of eating, what foods you gravitate toward or have aversions to, and explore options for optimizing a diet that will serve you best in this phase of life.
Is this a good investment?
When we make improvements in our own lives it is the best gift we can give ourselves and our loved ones — often having ripple effects on everyone around us.
What kind of ROI can I expect?
Return on investment (ROI) is measured based on your expressed health and wellness goals, or on something completely surprising that arises out of our work together. Although ROI varies widely, some outcomes might include:
- Weight loss
- Improved eating and exercise habits
- More home cooking and meal planning strategies
- Increased flexibility, tone or muscle mass
- Improved self-acceptance and self-love
- Better boundaries and strengthened relationships
- Strengthened resiliency
- Decreased stress
- Improved mindset — release of negative beliefs or perfectionism
- Established practices focused on meditation, creativity, spirituality, gratitude, etc.